General Operative Day Shift DP01
Dublin North, Full Time
General Operative needed for an immediate start in Dublin Port.
Full time position, 8-12 hour shifts. Anything over 39hrs is overtime.
Rostered hours roughly (7am-7pm) depending on the ships schedule.
Days €13.75 per hour
Overtime shifts also available.
€50 bonus for working a sunday
Manual Handling Certificate required. If you don’t have one we can arrange for you to get one.
Full Driver’s Licence preferred but not essential
Must be physically fit as there is heavy lifting involved and be outdoors.
- Dublin Port operates twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week based on the needs of their customers, ship schedules and maintenance schedules; therefore, the General Operative’s working hours will vary from week to week and will include early morning, late evenings and weekends.
- General Operative’s will assist with the handling of cargo to/from vessels and in our terminals using our plant, machinery and equipment.
- On a daily basis, the General Operative will moor/unmoor vessels, move cargo for our customers using our plant, machinery and equipment such as cranes, tugs, reach stackers, forklifts and bobcats and also work to keep our equipment and work areas clean and orderly.
- You will assist the Electricians/Mechanics/Welders/Contractors with general duties.
- General duties also may include – Garage upkeep, housekeeping, Painting or any other duties the management may from time to time deem necessary and reasonably require.
- Ability to be able to work at heights.