Supplychain Operations Manager
Limerick, Full Time
Our Client due to continuos Growth are seeking an experienced Supplychain Operations Manager to join their business.
The Operations Manager is a strategic role that deals with planning, coordinating, administration and general management issues, which include the day-to-day management of staff and overseeing work organised by transport planners and delivered by Drivers.
- Work as a key member of the senior team within the Warehouse & Logistics division to shape and implement a comprehensive plan for Operations. Supporting the National & international Transport teams
- Responsibility for the setting the budgets for the year and the P&L of the business unit.
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the department to ensure that the supply, quality of service are maintained in a cost effective manner;
- Improve efficiencies and increase productivity and profitability through improved fleet management
- Monitoring and Managing the quality of service the customer is receiving;
- Liaising with the Garage Manager to ensure the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment is happening.
- Leading the integration of the systems to ensure the effectiveness of the department
- Run the department in a cost effective and efficient manner to generate a return on assets
- Produce daily/weekly operational KPI and management briefing reports
- Safely manage the department ensuring compliance with legislation and company standards.
- Set clear KPI’s for each employee in order to develop the team to their full potential.
- Prepare annual budgets based on volume plans.
- Produce Weekly & Monthly Logistics reports
- Be responsible for setting up an on call roster and available for out of hour’s incidents to ensure the smooth running of the transport operation.
- Overall responsibility for driver hours, tachograph and working time legislation, supported by administration and planning support.
- Responsibility for the transport planning team.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all necessary accreditation and licences required in support of the business.
- Third level qualification
- Be highly motivated individual that has a minimum 5 years’ experience managing within an industrial transport and/or supply chain that shows strong organisational and planning skills.
- Knowledge and ability to understand key legislative regulations.
- Proven Leadership skills to include leading Change and in particular cultural change.
- High level of diagnostic and problem solving skills in an operations environment.
- Proven people management skills to include team building, people development and the ability to motivate staff.
- Proven Communication Skills along with a track record of influencing others to deliver business objectives
- Strong verbal, communication and IT skills – Microsoft packages.